Here’s what’s on my radar. I could mention many things but the below are what i find significant and will potentially move markets. In my humble opinion of course. Enjoy and discuss as always.
- CABLE: UK’s PM to be first leader to meet Trump as president. This should be interesting as the UK’s “special relationship” may be tested if he continues to be inappropriate. Expect talks on Trident, trade deals and being special of course. Trump wants the full monty (in red carpet terms) when he returns to the UK so I think the meeting will go well.
- CABLE: If it is a success expect cable to rally hard. More so than USD
- EURUSD could not maintain and hold above 1.0700 but if the broad USD weakness continues I expect this to pop on Monday. A dovish Draghi couldn’t keep it down, also 2-year IRD (interest rate differentials) remain in tandem. All this points to a higher EURUSD in Asia Sunday night.
- EU PMI’s on Tuesday. Not normally of key importance but if strong I fancy this to kick start the move higher.
- Follow my DAILY CHART below for key long-term levels.
- SOROS thinks Trump and UK’s BREXIT will fail – lasting only 3 days. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/george-soros-donald-trump-fail-theresa-may-brexit-last-three-days-davos-billionaire-investor-a7536586.html
- For those seasoned traders – try and get away from the idea of him talking up his book. The point is when he talks the market listens. Interesting stuff from the biggest naked short trader in the world.
- A CALL TO TRADE: BUY EURUSD break at 1.0715 STOP 1.0680 Target 1.0825
- A CALL TO TRADE: SELL EURUSD at 1.0770 ADD LARGE at 1.0810 STOP 1.0860 Target 1.0710